1) Turn off your computer. 2) Unplug the video cable that connects your monitor to your computer. 3) Check the port connectors on your computer and your monitor. (If any connector on your device is bent or damaged, you’ll need to take the device to a repair shop.)
Why does my air conditioner have mold? mold in window air conditioner.
Why does my monitor keep going black for a few seconds?
The main reason that your monitor is going black for a few seconds is that there’s a problem with the cables connecting it to your computer. This is typically the issue if your monitor goes black for only a few seconds, and then comes back on later.
How do I fix my screen blacking out?
- Optimize your startup applications. …
- Check your cables and connections. …
- Unplug all unnecessary accessories. …
- Try a BIOS/UEFI reset and check the boot order. …
- Launch a Windows repair. …
- Boot into Safe Mode. …
- Roll back or update all drivers in Safe Mode.
How do you fix a black screen on a monitor?
If you have a flat panel LCD monitor, unplug the monitor power cable, wait about 30 seconds, reconnect the cable and then turn on the monitor. This resets the electronics on the monitor. If the monitor has a detachable video cable, obtain a second monitor cable for testing purposes in case the cable is bad.
Why does my monitor keep turning off randomly?
Cause 1: Monitor Overheating The reasons for overheating are excessive heat, dust accumulation, or vent blockage. If the monitor is old, too much dust accumulation jams the monitor vents due to which the heat cannot escape. This can result in turn OFF to keep the risk of disrupting the circuitry.
Why does my gaming monitor keep going black?
An outdated graphics card driver or even a graphics driver with error can cause black screen while gaming. Make sure you have the latest graphics card driver installed on your PC to eliminate the chances of getting a black screen.
How do you reset an Acer monitor?
Reset the power to the monitor by removing all power from it. Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Connect the monitor to a power source and turn it on. Some monitors may have an internal battery.
How do I reset my Acer monitor black screen?
- Click the “Menu” button, located at the bottom of your Acer LCD monitor. Video of the Day.
- Press the right arrow button, until the “Reset” feature is highlighted on your display screen. …
- Press the “Menu” button twice to reset your Acer LCD monitor.
Why is my Acer monitor not working?
A common reason why an Acer monitor is not working is that it is not getting any power. This can be due to a problem with the power strip or perhaps a tripped breaker. Try plugging the monitor directly into a receptacle or trying another one. Otherwise, you may need to reset the monitor power supply.
How do I get my Acer monitor out of sleep mode?
To wake up a computer or the monitor from sleep or hibernate, move the mouse or press any key on the keyboard. If this does not work, press the power button to wake up the computer. NOTE: Monitors will wake up from sleep mode as soon as they detect a video signal from the computer.