Popular programming certifications include CompTia A+, Oracle Java Programmer, GIAC Secure Software Programmer and Microsoft Certified Professional Developer. Certifications each require a different level of knowledge in a particular subject area.
Beside this, what certifications are needed to be a computer programmer?
Desirable certifications for computer programmers include the following:
- Oracle. Oracle Certified Associate (OCA): Java Programmer. Oracle Certified Professional (OCP): Java Programmer.
- Microsoft. MCPD: Microsoft Certified Professional Developer.
- CIW. CIW: Web Foundations Associate.
what certifications should I get for computer science? The Value of Earning a Certificate in Computer Science
- MCITP – Microsoft Certified IT Professional.
- MCTS – Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist.
- Security+ – CompTIA’s Security+
- MCPD – Microsoft Certified Professional Developer.
- CCNA – Cisco Certified Network Associate.
- A+ – CompTIA’s A+
- PMP – Project Management Professional.
Then, what can I do with a certificate in computer programming?
Programming Certificate Average by Job
- Information Technology (IT) Manager.
- Applications Systems Analyst/Programmer.
- .NET Software Developer / Programmer.
- Mobile Applications Developer.
- Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Programmer.
- iOS Developer.
- Robotics Engineer.
Do programming certifications matter?
If you’ve already built a skill set and can demonstrate a high level of expertise, “then yes, certifications will only further bolster [your] case for better opportunities, more pay, etc.,” Wenzler says. Programmer certifications can bring value not only with employers, but also with their customers.