- Method 1. Close apps.
- Method 2. Close Windows Explorer.
- Method 3. Reboot Windows.
- Method 4. Use Safe Mode.
- Method 5. Use a software deletion app.
How do you delete specific websites from history in Chrome? how to delete certain websites from history safari.
How do you force delete a file?
In the command window, type the DEL /F file name command and press Enter to force delete the file that is in use.
How do I delete something off my Mac that says it Cannot be deleted?
- Solution 1. Relaunch Finder. …
- Solution 2. Force quit Finder. …
- Solution 3. Secure Empty Trash. …
- Select a location where files are deleted. Launch the software and select the drive from where the data files are lost. …
- Scan the selected location. …
- Preview and recover deleted Mac files.
How do I force delete a file on Mac?
- Open your Mac’s Bin.
- Ctrl + click the file you believe may be causing the problem.
- Select “Delete Immediately.”
How do you force delete a file even if it is open?
To do this, start by opening the Start menu (Windows key), typing run , and hitting Enter. In the dialogue that appears, type cmd and hit Enter again. With the command prompt open, enter del /f filename , where filename is the name of the file or files (you can specify multiple files using commas) you want to delete.
Why can’t I delete anything on my iPhone?
Why Can’t I Delete Photos On My iPhone? Most of the time, you can’t delete photos on your iPhone because they’re synced to another device. If your photos are synced to your computer with iTunes or Finder, they can only be deleted when connecting your iPhone to your computer.
How do I force a corrupted file to delete?
- “/F” means to force delete files.
- “/Q” means to delete read-only files,
- “/A” means to select files with the archiving attribute.
- < file path > is the corrupted file’s location. For example, you might have “Del /F /Q /A C:\Users\XXX\Downloads”.
How do I force delete a folder?
To remove a directory and all its contents, including any subdirectories and files, use the rm command with the recursive option, -r . Directories that are removed with the rmdir command cannot be recovered, nor can directories and their contents removed with the rm -r command.
How do I delete a file using command prompt?
Now that Command Prompt is open, use cd to change directories to where your files are. To delete a file, use the following command: del “<filename>” . For example, to delete Test file. txt , just run del “Test File.
Why isn’t my phone letting me delete pictures?
There might be some problem with the trash or the bin folder. You should try clearing it manually to check if the photos that you have deleted are removed or not. For that, select all the photos in the trash and hit the delete icon. Once you clear the trash folder, restart your phone.
Why when I delete a photo it comes back?
Sometimes you don’t know that your photos may be syncing with your Google account. This might cause the deleted photos to keep coming back android. But the good thing is that you can fix this with quite an ease by disabling the sync of photos in your device. Go to Settings > Accounts > your Google account.
Why are my iPhone photos not deleting?
There are two main reasons why photos will not delete from iPhone: The photos are synced from iTunes. If the photos are added into your iPhone because you synced them from iTunes, you’re going to have iTunes remove them. The photos are stored in iCloud.
How do you delete a corrupted file that won’t delete?
- Reboot computer and F8 before booting to Windows.
- Select Safe Mode from the list of options on screen, then enter safe mode.
- Browse and locate the files you want to delete. Select these file and press Delete button. They will be put to Recycle Bin.
- Open Recycle Bin and delete them from Recycle Bin.
Can’t delete folder corrupted or unreadable?
- Step 1: Remove Corrupted Files and Delete the Folder. Move all the corrupted files in the folder with the locked file. …
- Step 2: Close Windows Explorer to Erase Corrupted Files. …
- Step 3: End the Task to Get Rid of Corrupted Files. …
- Step 4: Restart Your Computer.
How do you fix error the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable?
- Change the Location of Inaccessible Files. …
- Disable or Uninstall Anti-Virus Software. …
- Scan Drive from Disk Properties. …
- Perform the Startup Repair of the Disk. …
- Perform a Disk Check through CMD on Windows 11/10/8/7.
What does rm command do?
The rm command is used to delete files.
How do I force delete a folder in Windows 10?
Context Menu Option. Wise Force Deleter allows you to access it via a context menu. Right after installing it, a new option named “Force Delete” will appear in the context menu. To unlock&delete a locked file, you just need to right click it, select ‘Force Delete’, Wise Force Deleter will be launched.
What is Delete command in CMD?
The del command is a Command Prompt command used to delete files. Various command options are available so that you can remove files that have a certain file extension, delete every file in a folder, get rid of only the files with certain file attributes, and more.
How do I delete undeletable files in Windows?
- Press “Ctrl + Alt + Delete” simultaneously and choose “Task Manager” to open it.
- Find the application where your data is in use. Select it and click “End task”.
- Try to delete the undeletable information once again.
How do I force delete a file in Windows 11?
Can’t delete file because it is open?
This is the most successful method to fix the “file is open in another program” error. Click Ctrl + Shift + ESC to open the Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click the Taskbar or click Ctrl + Alt + Del anywhere in Windows and select Task Manager.
Delete or hide a photo or video , then tap Hide in the list of options. Hidden photos are moved to the Hidden album. You can’t view them anywhere else. To turn off the Hidden album so it doesn’t appear in Albums, go to Settings > Photos, then turn off Hidden Album.
Why won’t my phone let me delete apps?
Open Settings and tap Screen Time -> Content & Privacy Restrictions. Next, tap iTunes & App Store Purchases -> Deleting Apps. Make sure that Allow is selected. When Don’t Allow is selected, you won’t be able to uninstall apps on your iPhone.
Why does Google Photos say couldn’t delete?
Sign out and sign back in to Google Photos (photos.google.com) with the same Google Account. Clear your cookies and cache. Try Incognito/private window. Disable extensions/add-ons/plug-ins.
Why do my deleted photos reappear on my iPhone?
Most of the time, the issue is actually with a third-party app, and we blame the Photos app. You should check the photos that are reappearing. If they are from a particular app, uninstall that app from your phone and then install it again. Many iOS users have pointed out that mostly it’s Instagram’s fault.
Why is my iPhone storage still full after deleting photos?
This may happen because of a bug or if you disable the ‘Optimize iPhone Storage’ feature. To prevent this from happening, you will need to disable the iCloud feature on your iPhone. Go to the Settings on your iPhone and tap your Apple ID profile. Then tap on the iCloud option and tap on the Photos option.
How do I delete photos back?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Photos app .
- At the bottom, tap Library Trash .
- Touch and hold the photo or video you want to restore.
- At the bottom, tap Restore. The photo or video will be back: In your phone’s gallery app.
What causes file corruption?
If your computer loses power or crashes as you save a file, there’s a good possibility that the file will become corrupted. Bad sectors on your hard drive or other storage media can also cause file corruption, even if the saving process finishes properly. Viruses and other malware can also cause file corruption.
What is a corrupted file?
A data or program file that has been altered accidentally by hardware or software failure or on purpose by an attacker. Because the bits are rearranged, a corrupted file is either unreadable to the hardware or, if readable, indecipherable to the software.
How do I fix corrupted files on Windows 10?
- Use the SFC tool. 1.1 Run System File Checker. …
- Use the DISM tool. …
- Run a SFC scan from Safe Mode. …
- Perform a SFC scan before Windows 10 starts. …
- Replace the files manually. …
- Use the System Restore feature. …
- Reset corrupted Windows 10.
How can I corrupt my computer?
- Computer turned off improperly.
- Program freezes or closes improperly.
- Error with how a program saves the file.
- File is converted from one format to another improperly.
- Bad hardware, e.g., bad or failing hard drive.
Why is my file corrupted and unreadable?
Hard drive, USB, flash drive, or memory card can be corrupted due to bad sectors or physical damage, which will cause your device to no longer accessible or writable. Partition information such as file system is usually saved in a specific location.
How do I delete a corrupted hard drive?
- Close all programs you were working on and restart your computer.
- Log into an administrator account.
- Locate the corrupted file you want to delete.
- Drag the corrupted file to the Recycle Bin.
- Right-click the Recycle Bin icon.
- Click Empty Recycle Bin.
How do I run chkdsk?
- Click Start and then click My Computer.
- Right-click the hard disk drive to scan, and click Properties.
- In the Local Disk Properties window, click the Tools tab.
- Click Check Now.
- In the Check Disk Local Disk window, click to select the box next to Automatically fix file system errors.
- Click Start.
How do I run chkdsk on a USB repair?
- Step 1: Get Command Prompt opened. …
- Step 3: chkdsk f: /f /r /x command should be entered. …
- Step 2: Get the USB device right clicked on. …
- Step 3: You will be shown a page where there are various options to choose from. …
- Step 4: Scan and repair drive option should be selected.
Can a corrupted external hard drive be fixed?
Run CMD to Repair Corrupted External Hard Drive Without Formatting. The Diskpart command will erase all data on your corrupted device. Therefore, recover data from the corrupted external hard drive first and then you can run CMD to repair the drive.