For importing MBOX file to Outlook
- Go to file menu>>add an account.
- Select manually configure server setting option or additional server types from the dialog box.
- Select the internet email option and click on the “Next” button.
- Choose IMAP option for IMAP mail account in account type.
Simply so, how do I import an mbox file into Outlook?
Launch MS Outlook, go to File, and select Open & Export and then choose Import/Export as shown in the screenshot below. Now, follow the screen instructions. After the import, your MBOX data is now ready for preview in MS Outlook 2016 or 2013 or earlier versions of your choice.
Similarly, does Outlook support mbox? Though some file formats like MBOX are supported by more than one email client, Microsoft Outlook does not support the MBOX format. Rather it supports OST (if connected to Exchange Server) and PST format, in which it saves all its data. For this reason, Microsoft Outlook cannot open Thunderbird MBOX files directly.
Hereof, how do I import an mbox file?
MBOX files. Open the app, click on File, and click on “Import Mailboxes.” Make sure “Files in mbox format” is selected, and then find your . MBOX file(s). Anything you import will get dropped into the “On My Mac” section of Mail as a subfolder of a new “Import” folder.
How do I export an mbox file from Outlook?
To export Outlook messages in MBOX format:
- Outlook 2010 or newer: Click on the small triangle below the MessageSave Ribbon button and select. “Apple Mac Export -> Export Messages”.
- Click “Start Export”.
- That’s it! MessageSave will export your email messages to a folder on your desktop.